October is finally here! As we see the seasons slowly start to change, I wanted to take a moment to let you know what we’ve got coming up in the dojo.
First things first, I wanted to share the lesson of the month. For October we’re going to be talking to the kids about decision making. That covers everything from how to make a good decision when faced with stressful or dangerous situations, to thinking about if a decision to follow a crowd is a good idea, and we’ll even be speaking with them about thinking ahead about the consequences of their decisions. At the end of the day, how we handle the decisions we encounter on a day to day basis shapes every aspect of our lives and it is important that our kids consider how the outcomes of these decisions are going to shape their immediate and long term futures. This is one of the most important mental lessons that we teach each year and I’m excited to have these conversations with them.
Next up, I have a few announcements:
- No classes on Monday October 9th: In honor of Indigenous Peoples day / Columbus Day. We typically follow the public school schedule, so there will be no classes this day, but classes the rest of the week will be as usual.
- Spook Fun PNO: Our next Parents Night Out event will be on Friday October 20th from 6:00 to 9:00. This is going to be an exciting event! The kids will get to compete in some exciting challenges and experience our (not too spooky) Haunted Dojo! This event is going to be a blast, so make sure you sign up: txmartialarts.com/offer/pno
- Halloween Treats: On Saturday October 29th, we will have classes as usual. However, we’ll have some special games and candy for all of the kiddos. This is a fun event that we do every year and I encourage you to attend.
- Belt Promotion: Our next belt promotion will be Saturday November 4th. This will take place during the normal class times. We will start individually testing all students over the coming weeks to assess their readiness to promote. We’ll be in contact with you to schedule a time (a booking link will be sent out next week to start planning this out).
- Referral Bonus: From now until the end of the year, we’re offer our EXTRA REFERRAL BONUS! Normally if you refer someone who enrolls in our academy you get to spin our prize wheel. However, until the end of the year you will actually receive a FREE month of training for each new member who enrolls. This means that if you refer twelve students you could actually earn a full year of training FOR FREE!