INTRODUCING THE 8 SPECTRUM SKILLZ
By understanding the needs of these children, we have selected 8 skills that make up the Spectrum SKILLZ Program:
1. Awareness – This skill helps kids develop awareness of their environment, how to better control their bodies, and how to better manage time.
2. Detailing – Spectrum kids can have amazing detailing in specific areas, and this skill helps them use that quality to develop great martial arts technique, as part of a team.
3. Observing – The Observing skill helps kids on the Spectrum learn how to pay attention to the things and people around them in a meaningful way while also developing their active memory.
4. Listening – This skill is broken into four sections that help kids develop great listening skills: active listening, empathetic listening, critical listening, and informational listening.
5. Communication – This skill is designed to help kids effectively convey what they are feeling. We do this by developing eye contact, using body language, practicing communication with a partner, and when appropriate, using voice control and modulation to express how they are feeling.
6. Retention – The retention skill helps the kids develop long term memory, working memory, and short term retention of information otherwise consider “less important”.
7. Durability – Sometimes kids on the autism spectrum also experience physical challenges. The Durability skill helps kids develop their physical strength and the mental discipline to follow through on difficult tasks.
8. Determination – This skill helps with the emotional and intellectual challenges kids face when they are put under pressure by helping them develop a positive mindset while also guiding them to success as they push through the objective challenges of a martial arts class.
CONTACT OUR SKILLZ SPECIALIST AT THE NUMBER BELOW FOR INFORMATION
Spectrum Skillz hosted by TX Martial Arts is a dedicated program separate from our daily Martial Arts classes. For pricing and schedule availability, use the following number to contact our SKILLZ representative who can provide you information on the program and how you can get started today:
OUR GOALS FOR EACH STUDENT:
They tattle on others without accepting responsibility for their own actions.
They have a hard time coping with losses and setbacks and may not demonstrate good sportsmanship.
They don’t remember what you or their teachers tell them and struggle with paying attention.
WE TAKE MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL!
We use elements of traditional Martial Arts curricula to build skills that are appropriate for children on the spectrum. This means that your child will learn and grow at a pace that is fun while being challenged enough to help foster development.
The best part is that the Spectrum SKILLZ program will equip your child with skills that they will utilize in every area of their life!
YOUR CHILD WILL GROW WITH EVERY CLASS!
Our Spectrum SKILLZ program works with kids to teach them how to accept responsibility for their actions, to manage negative emotions, and to pay attention to instructions and advice from their instructors. Our program teaches kids Awareness, Communication, Retention, and Determination in a way that allows them to build confidence. These skills translate from our martial arts studio school- and to your home.
BUILD FINE MOTOR SKILLS
Older kids have better control than young ones, but they still may struggle with precision and accuracy.
The Spectrum SKILLZ program builds on earlier martial arts training to help kids gain control of their bodies and build strength while improving their balance.
Kids are easily distracted and may have difficult focusing on tasks and situations.
We teach kids to tune out distractions and focus on one thing at a time – something that’s increasingly challenging in today’s electronic world.
PERSISTENCE & DETERMINATION
Kids develop persistence ad the determination to see their goals through to the end.
When they’re learning a new skill, kids may be afraid or give up easily instead of risking failure.
Spectrum SKILLZ students learn to conquer their fears and persist even when they feel like giving up on a particular challenge or assignment.
RESPECT & SELF CONTROL
Students learn how to disagree politely and to resolve disputes respectfully.
Many kids struggle with learning how to express disagreement without being rude or angry.
Our Spectrum SKILLZ program teaches kids to speak up without disrupting others, and to figure out ways to resolve their challenges within the confines of the program’s structure.
I’ve trained with Mr. Olson, Kase, and Austin for a long time and can honestly say that they create an incredibly fun and safe environment in which you can develop valuable skills, improve confidence in yourself, and see results quickly! Go to TX Martial Arts and you won’t be disappointed!!
This is a great place for all ages. It teaches them Respect, Self Control, and Confidence in themselves. I Highly recommend TX Martial Arts!
Probably the friendliest, patient, and respectful instructors you will find anywhere. You and your kids will be in good hands!
Mr. Olson, Kase and Austin are the best instructors you can ask for. Teaching great skills while keeping everyone safe and making class fun is the perfect combo! These martial arts teachers are great with kids, teens AND adults!
What a fantastic community focused Dojo! The whole team here is focused on providing an atmosphere to allow kids to grow, learn and gain confidence. Actually, the same goes for adults too! Experienced instructors to be there at your side no matter your level in Martial Arts. I can not recommend them enough!!!!
I’ve trained with these instructors a very long time and they are some of the best Martial Artist around. Very technical and amazing teachers